A 5-year vision to establish our natural heritage areas as sources of wellbeing, learning and family.
West Dunbartonshire is the most unique and curious place between Glasgow, the Clyde River, and Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park's green shores. West Dunbartonshire is home to 70 Local Nature Conservation areas, Nature reserves, a National Park, 400million old cliff faces. We have it all.
Winter fall gathering at the edge of Pappertwell Community Woodland
The world is changing before our very eyes, and our bugs, bees and natural heritage areas need a little of our time, appreciation, and help. At the same time, we may help our own wellbeing, sense of place while helping nature create the kind pf place and community we want to visit and live in.
What we do?
We help our residents and visitors to our wonderful home to
- Learn about our wonderful natural heritage resources.
- Arrange activities to visit, explore, and enjoy our natural heritage.
- Maintain and develop our natural heritage now and for our children.
- Encourage enterprise and action.
- Deliver arrangements to sustain our work and pass it on to others.